Job Title: Annuity Operations Manager
Division: Logicalis Ireland - Services
Reports To: Services Director
Logicalis is an international IT solutions and managed services provider with a breadth of knowledge and expertise in data centre and cloud services; communications and collaboration and managed services.
Logicalis employs over 4,000 people worldwide, including highly trained service specialists who design, specify, deploy and manage complex ICT infrastructures to meet the needs of almost 6,000 corporate and public sector customers. To achieve this, Logicalis maintains strong partnerships with technology leaders such as IBM, HP, IBM, Cisco, NetApp, VMware and ServiceNow.
The primary goal of the Annuity Operations Manager is to ensure that the operational performance of Irish Annuity Operations department teams, suppliers, and processes, material to the customer experience are effectively managed.
A key objective of the role is to seek opportunities for annuity service improvement, optimisation and effectiveness to strengthen the value realised both by customers and Logicalis. As part of this work the Annuity Operations Manager will work with stakeholders from across Services and Sales to ensure that the Annuity Operations team specific processes that underpin brilliant customer experiences, are in place, performant and governed. By regularly reviewing performance, the Annuity Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring that actual performance matches that expected from the resources deployed and within their control.
The Annuity Operations Manager will ensure that customer contractual entitlement is understood and maintained by the Irish teams, suppliers and processes that underpin these expectations.
In order to achieve this the Annuity Operations Manager will hold line management accountability for the Irish Support team, as well as driving service supplier inputs, including a key sub-supplier in Logicalis South Africa. This role will ensure that coaching and support, as well as clear feedback is provided where necessary to drive performance and consistency. This role will ensure that clear objectives aligned to those set within the wider department are set, understood and managed successfully.
This role has a broad scope which will require the post holder to help define, and then be accountable for the delivery of appropriate activity to deliver excellence in Operational IT Service experience.
Listed below are some of the key routine, activities the Annuity Operations Manager can expect to engage with or own:
- Team Management and Operational Performance Delivery
- Team Recruitment, Individual Performance Management and Resource Planning/Optimisation
- Team Administration for Expenses / Travel / Time in line with Policy.
- Team Training Need Identification / Justification and Costing.
- Team Cohesion, Morale and Engagement •Process Optimisation, Definition and Review
- Risk, Issue and Continual Service Improvement Activity, Identification and Remediation Planning
- Meetings Attendance to Advocate Ireland’s Operational Capability / Performance (be prepared to present to non-Services teams
- Collaboration with non-Annuity Operations teams (e.g. Professional Services, Service Delivery Management, Customer Advocacy etc.)
- Understand and advocate for excellence in Customer IT Service experiences.
- Able to represent Logicalis Ireland in face to face customer meetings, including those of a challenging (e.g. Post / Mid Incident nature).
- Attend, contribute to and ultimately drive supplier conversations relevant to in life service delivery.
- Engagement with Pre-Live teams to ensure that new deliveries are supportable in life.
- Act as a point of escalation for the on call team.
(NB this list is not exhaustive and intends to give an indication of the flexibility required to do this job).
Looking for an experienced, dedicated IT Operations Manager, with a solid career history in IT Operational Delivery – who has a passion for people, service and technology, and the enthusiasm to help Annuity Operations progress quickly. Key attributes:
- Able to act as a credible representative in key service operational meetings.
- Able to establish respect, based on approach and knowledge of peer groups, direct report and stakeholders.
- Able to credibly represent Logicalis Ireland in external meetings (with customers) when required by circumstance.
Operational IT Expert
- Extensive experience as an operational / technical manager, dealing with dynamic work environments, and challenging situations on various technologies.
- Does not need to be an expert on 'every' technology in our portfolio, but should have broad, real world experience of complex, managed service provision (ideally some experience of enterprise storage and particularly NetApp would be an advantage).
- Able to 'lead by example' and drive colleague interactions, and set high standards.
- Should have strong opinions on what makes good Operations work - backed experience.
- An expert in IT operations - but with self-awareness to listen to others, and bring different opinions into the mix
- Confident communicator, who can build a coalition behind issues and initiatives and get things done.
- Able to matrix manage resources who are line managed elsewhere – but use processes owned by this role.
- Process advocate for core ITIL process – e.g. Operational enforcement of Incident, Problem and Change.
Flexible, Resilient & Tenacious.
- A capable person who is able to 'get things done' and cut through the issues that prevent service improvement, optimisation or delivery. Willing to 'get stuck in' operationally when situations dictate.
- Able to maintain a positive outlook, during challenging times. This will be a challenging role operationally.
- Willing to travel to customer site, various locations across Ireland and suppliers as necessary.
Manager and Coach.
- Able to coach direct reports in good practice for Operational IT Management.
- Able to support direct reports (who may be line managers) with People issues.
- Able to set high standards, challenge inadequate performance, and help develop people to their potential.
- Able to balance risk versus reward, and achieve an appropriate outcome for Logicalis Ireland and the Customer.
- Able to hold suppliers to account, but advocate for them when necessary within Logicalis Ireland .
- Able to establish the business case for improvement activity with support from the Services Director.
Approachable & Dynamic.
- Able to position clear messages with stakeholders at all levels (junior and senior to this role).
- Able to respond to complex situations, and innovate / drive a response to protect customer experiences.
- Able to naturally collaborate across teams to ensure Annuity Operations interests are understood and supported.
- Considered a 'go-to' person by stakeholder groups, based on enthusiasm, knowledge and attitude.
- Set high standards & ensure Logicalis Ireland adheres to good practice, quality commitments within the team (e.g. ISO standards)
- ITIL Foundation (Essential)
- Significant Evidenced Operational IT Experience
- Significant Evidenced People Management Experience
- Technical Certifications for Relevant Technologies (broad experience preferred to in depth know-how)
- Process Improvement (e.g. Six Sigma) Awareness Welcomed, but not-Essential.
- Project Management (e.g. Prince2) Awareness Welcomed, but not-Essential.
As agreed – but to include:
- Management of operational SLAs and KPIs within resource constraints.
- Staff Attrition.
- Supplier Scoring & Review.
Role Type: Permanent
Number of years' experience: 7+
- Own car & full drivers licence essential
- Technical background an advantage
Subject to experience, but it would include:
- Base Salary - subject to experience
- Health Insurance
- Mobile Phone
- Car Allowance
How to Apply:
Those with suitable experience, please forward your up to date CV in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration with the Subject Line 'Annuity Operations Manager'.