Job Title: Infrastructure Managed Services Engineer
Division: Infrastructure Services
Reports To: Services Delivery Manager
Summary: Ensures the smooth provision of infrastructure managed services to Logicalis’ clients. Provides technical support for storage, server and data protection environments to Logicalis and its customers. This role would be a L1/L2 position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides incident & problem management services for resolving customer technical issues on enterprise infrastructure particularly storage but ideally also data protection / backup environments
- Acts as first point of contact for customer technical issues and manages & troubleshoots issues on storage/server/virtual environments based on vendor best practice processes and industry standards.
- Will be responsible for monitoring and managing a number of customers’ environments across storage and server hardware & operating system software (including Windows, UNIX and Virtualised environments) in both Logicalis Data Centers and customer locations.
- Manages escalated infrastructure support issues, coordinates communications with our vendor partners (NetApp, IBM, VMware etc.); supports other Logicalis staff to resolve complex issues and escalating to senior support teams as required
- Participates in managing customer change requests and problem ticket resolution.
- Documents environments, processes and procedures to enable support of environments by other members of Logicalis Managed Services team.
- Provides periodic environment reviews and suggestions for enhancement of services or resiliency of environments.
- Works with Service Delivery Managers to propose enhancements to client's infrastructure in order to meet client’s infrastructure requirements.
- Remains current on technical and company related literature/correspondence and regularly reviews administrative procedures.
- Keeps current with manufacturer technical certifications, specialisation exams, and licenses.
- Provides technical expertise and acts as a technical specialist
- Documents procedures for Operations teams.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- May have to provide some support services in the field, on-site in customer environments and in customer datacenters.
- Acts as Task Manager for Support Service staff assigned to the resolution of incidents and problems.
- It would be desirable but not essential for the candidate to have a third level qualification.
Experience in the following is required:
- Managing customer infrastructure environments in a managed service context
- Supporting managed storage and managed backup environments and ideally managed virtualisation
- Supporting SAN Storage, particularly NetApp, IBM and HP, and ideally have working knowledge of snapshotting technology
- NetApp - all
- IBM – v7000, v3700s
- HP –EVA and 3PAR lines
- Knowledge and working experience of backup solutions, ideally Commvault or one of the following: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), Veeam or Symantec Backup, HP Data Protector
- Performing data replication, local and extended distance, with any major vendor Managing storage virtualisation under products such as IBM SVC, IBM V7000, NetApp Vseries line, or EMC VNX lines.
- Managing storage on any major Unix / Linux operating systems.
- General cognisance of storage metrics, storage trend analysis and reporting
- Understanding of Networking technologies (TCP/IP, routing, etc) and Windows, Unix and virtualised OS pertaining to storage access requirements.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of enterprise SAN switch infrastructures including zoning and monitoring of, Cisco and Brocade and other brands.
- Knowledge of server environments (Windows, Linux)
- Knowledge of virtualised environments including VMWare, Hyper V, Citrix
- One or more storage certifications from NetApp, IBM, HP or EMC
- One or more virtualisation certifications
- One or more Microsoft certifications
- One or more backup certifications (ideally Commvault)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding oral, written, and technical/business communication skills.
- Ability to earn customer, partner, and employee trust and respect through demonstrating commitment to exceed expectations.
- Ability to work on-call duties that include 24x7 responses on rotating basis within team.
- Ability to break down ideas, problems, or opportunities into components, solve problems, and implement customer requests.
- Eager to evaluate and test new manufacturer products, services, troubleshooting, installation, and configuration techniques.
- Works effectively under pressure and stressful situations.
- Stays on leading edge of technology by learning new techniques and methods through continual education.
- Evaluates, escalates, and exercises good judgment and make decisions based on limited information.
- Ability to work as stand alone or in team environment.
- Works proactively and does what is expected at all times.
- Up to 10% travel in and/or out of state and country may be expected, possibility of overnight stays.
- Meets deadlines by prioritising work requests based on sense of urgency.
- Strong technical and customer interaction skills.
- Self-starter with excellent organisational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, and troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Superb customer service skills.
Role Type: Permanent
Number of years' experience: 3-4
- Own car & full drivers licence essential
Depends on experience but would be the following at a minimum:
- Base Salary based on experience
- Health insurance
- Mobile phone
How to Apply:
Those with suitable experience, please forward your up to date CV in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration with the Subject Line 'Infrastructure Managed Services Engineer'.