Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Professional Services Consultant
Division: Infrastructure Services
Reports To: Professional Services Manager
Role Type: Permanent
Number of years experience: 5 years minimum
Summary: The candidate will be a Senior Storage/Server Consultant in an Infrastructure Consulting practice in the Irish marketplace. The ideal candidate will have strong NetApp/IBM/HP skills preferably with good server and/or virtualisation and networking skills, coupled with a consultancy or client-facing background. Will provide technical leadership in design, installation, configuration, and implementation of virtualisation products and technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and deploys technically advanced solutions including storage, server consolidation, network, high availability, consolidated backup, and disaster
- Architects, develops, and manages implementation of complex storage solutions for Logicalis enterprise
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of enterprise class storage platforms is a requirement as well as a variety of other hardware platforms particularly converged
- Works directly with client to gather requirements, design solutions, build proof of concepts and implement
- Assists in opportunity evaluation and leading or assisting on pursuits at new clients or within existing
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviours consistent with the organisation's
- Maintains a working knowledge of Logicalis policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service
- It would be desirable for the candidate to have a Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- The candidate should have strong knowledge and skills across the NetApp, IBM and/or HP product range, or at least one.
- The candidate should have exposure to virtualisation technology including VMware, vCenter, Site Recovery Manager. Openstack would be a storage advantage.
- Should have strong knowledge and understanding of infrastructure automation technologies.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of cloud infrastructure technologies is a plus.
- Experience of large-scale enterprise support utilising industry best practices and mature processes.
- Experience of latest generation compute technology.
- SAN Implementation, Administration, Design & Optimization (storage pooling, fibre channels, etc.); virtualization experience preferred in large-scale environments. NetApp experience is highly desirable.
- Server/storage virtualization analysis.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies/marketplace. Private Cloud & Hybrid Cloud.
- General Migrations.
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity, e.g. SRM
- Data center operational knowledge
- Desirable would be to have experience of Windows/Linux systems administration (OS, network, storage, application support); Network and SAN connectivity including TCP/IP, FC, MPIO, etc.
- Cisco Networking an advantage
- Ideally should have a chargeable professional services / consulting, client-facing background.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ideally the candidate should have Netapp, IBM Certifications and Microsoft certifications and should also have some cloud-related certifications.
- The candidate will be required to work as part of a multi-skilled Infrastructure consulting team working on chargeable projects, so should be open to learning new technologies, and should be prepared to work for multiple clients on a variety of infrastructure projects.
- Ability to perform as member of implementation team along with role of sole resource on project.
- Outstanding oral, written, and technical/business communication skills.
- Troubleshooting and initiative management skills.
- Customer service focus and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Presentation and collaboration skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and accommodate requests from multiple customers and Logicalis Account Managers.
- Must be able to have business level conversation with customers and assist them in deploying solutions to meet business requirements.
- Own car & full drivers licence essential
Depends on experience but would be the following at a minimum:
- Base Salary based on experience
- Car allowance (partly non-taxable)
- Mobile phone
How to Apply:
Those with suitable experience, please forward your up to date CV in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com for consideration with the Subject Line 'Senior Infrastructure Professional Services Consultant'.